Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tracting Bloopers

My friend Ray Comfort came up with a great App for the iPhone called “Tract Printer”. It makes the iPhone look like it's printing a Gospel tract and makes handing out tracts really fun. In fact, it’s one of my favorite tools for handing out tracts. Usually I go up to people and say, “Hey let me print a free movie ticket for you” and I “print” a 180 Movie ticket to give to them.  

Another favorite is the Curved Illusion tract from Living Waters, which tricks the eye into thinking that one card is longer than the other.  When the cards switch places suddenly the longer one looks shorter and vice versa. When I use the Curved Illusion tracts I hold them up and ask, “Which one is longer?” People love the Tract Printer and the Curved Illusions, so I use them both regularly. 

One day I was at the mall evangelizing and scurrying from person to person showing them both of these tracts with great reactions until I went up to one guy to show him the Tract Printer. I guess in all my scurrying I forgot which tract I was holding, held up my iPhone and said, “Which one is longer?” He looked at me like I was crazy until I finally realized I was holding up my phone, not the Curved Illusions.

My friend Kristen loves the Curved Illusion tracts too. We were attending a conference in Oklahoma, and were in the hotel lobby late one night when she suddenly said, “I’m going to go show that guy my curves…wait, that didn’t come out right..I mean my Curved Illusions!” Everyone busted out laughing at her gaffe, and it’s been a running joke ever since.  


Curved Illusion tract:


Tract Printer in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1Nn0T0qVc




No comments: