Saturday, December 27, 2014

Stark Reminders

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I received some very stark reminders that death is a part of life, and that it can strike at any time. Christmas Eve a dear sister in Christ emailed me to let me know that her precious 3 month old son had passed away very unexpectedly. Then I learned that my uncle Louie, who was close to 90, had died of heart failure. And finally on Christmas Day my friend texted me that the son of one of her high school friends had died. He was only 19.

A few weeks earlier this same friend had asked me to hold her accountable to witness to her parents (again) by the end of the year, which is almost here, but after receiving these stark reminders, she is rethinking waiting even that long.

Perhaps these stark reminders are for you too. Perhaps you have an unsaved family member, and like my friend you’re the only Christian in your family. I encourage you not to wait. 150,000 people die every day, and you could be one of them. www.NeedGod.com



1 comment:

simplewithsyd said...

Trish...your blog rings loud! Reminds me of this scripture:

I AM A DEBTOR....I am a debtor both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise.

So, as much as is in me, I AM READY to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

For I AM NOT ASHAMED of the gospel of Christ Rom. 1:14-16

** Side note (you can take this part of the comment if you'd like): I lost my daughter @ 3 weeks old and am acquainted with the grief your friend may be feeling. Could I write her an email?