Tuesday, December 23, 2014

To Be Continued?...


My friend and I went to the Walmart by my house not too long ago, specifically to hand out tracts right outside the entrance. All was going well until a Walmart lady approached us and told us that we couldn’t hand them out there anymore. So, we left.

A short time later I went back to the same Walmart to do some shopping and asked the lady at the jewelry counter for help finding something. She was very helpful so I said, “Thank you, here’s a gift for you” and handed her a tract to which she sternly replied, “I TOLD you that you couldn’t hand those out here!” I was shocked, but then realized it was the same Walmart lady my friend and I had encountered before. How did I not recognize her?

A couple weeks after that, I was at the same Walmart in the checkout line and said to the lady in front of me, “Here’s a little gift for you” and handed her a tract. To my horror she came unglued and said, “I TOLD you that you couldn’t hand those out in here! I’m calling the manager. Why would I want a gift from you? Only my family gives me gifts!” It was the same lady, and for some reason God had blinded me from recognizing her once again. I was frazzled, and before I even made it out of the store I called my friend to tell her what had happened. She couldn’t stop laughing.

Then, yesterday I was in the checkout line at Trader Joe’s in a whole different city. I was looking at a lady that was making a purchase thinking she looked familiar when it dawned on me: Walmart lady! What were the chances? Different city, different store. I couldn’t stop laughing; God certainly has a sense of humor. I was laughing so hard that one of the employees asked me rather quizzically, “Do you want to check out, or…?” Thankfully, she didn’t see me. And doubly thankfully, I recognized her before I gave her a tract. 

I don’t know if this story is over yet or if it’s “To be continued…” I’ll be sure to let you know. J





No comments: