Monday, June 28, 2010

Enter to WIN "Before God: The Biblical Doctrine of Prayer"

Before God: The Biblical Doctrine of Prayer is 284 page softcover book by my good friend Mike Sarkissian.

If your prayer life is dry, there are two incredible means that God will use to plunge you into deeper communion with Himself:

1) This book
2) Evangelism - sharing the Gospel can be difficult. It's hard to approach a complete stranger and ask them their thoughts about God and the afterlife...but a nervous believer is a PRAYING believer!

When Mike sent me this book I was thrilled to read it. It's exactly what I needed.

Mike's book will encourage you to take care of your soul through prayer - which should produce a desire to WIN souls.

Before God with the heading "Prayer the Means for Effective Preaching" and reflects on the incredible life of Robert Murray McCheyne: "His time with God in prayer and meditation manifested itself in a passion for souls and effective preaching."

Let's model McCheyne's example!

Here's a couple of great endorsements about Mike's book:

“Mike Sarkissian’s work in Before God: The Biblical Doctrine of Prayer shows obvious signs of study and godly devotion, and I am thankful for those things.” -Rev. Cornelius Plantinga, Jr., Ph.D., President and Charles W. Colson Professor of Theology Calvin Theological Seminary

“Before God is a clear and helpful Prayer 101 manual for beginning Christians and a refresher for more advanced believers. All the basics are here–what prayer is, the Lord’s Prayer, how to pray, and why prayer is essential. The concluding chapter on Robert Murray M’Cheyne’s prayer life is alone worth the price of the book. I pray that Before God will stir you up to a fuller life of prayer and supplication.” -Dr. Joel R. Beeke President, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary

“There have been many aids to prayer, but can there be too many? Not if Christians continue to struggle in prayer. Before God is a helpful guide for beginners and old-hands alike to encourage godly, disciplined prayer. Bishop Ryle wrote, ‘the habit of prayer is one of the surest marks of a true Christian,’ and in this brief manual you will find a treasure-trove of good things to foster just such a habit.” -Dr. Derek W. H. Thomas John E. Richards Professor of Theology Reformed Theological Seminary (Jackson)

“Mike Sarkissian has given the body of Christ a rare gift. Rarely do we see books that emerge on the subject of prayer that make much impact on people today. If we listen and take heed to the insights of Before God we will find a feast for the soul. The subject is thoroughly explored, offering a wide base and background on prayer, Before God takes us on a tour de force that exposes one to prayer in the best of Puritan and Reformed thought. Best of all are the exegetical insights the author leaves us with regarding the doctrine of prayer. For the believer who is serious about communion with God, this title comes highly recommended.” -Emilio Ramos Pastor, Sovereign Joy Community Church, Keller TX.

Click here for a full list of endorsements.


Here's what to do to win:

There will be 1 winner!

There are 2 Ways to enter your name in the drawing...

1. For 2 entries, post this give away on your website, blog, or social networking site.

2. For 1 entry, simply enter your name below (in the comment section) and a way for me to contact you if you win.

Contest ends Monday, July 12 2010. Open to US residents only.

I will randomly pick 1 name and the winner will be announced on Tuesday, July 13, 2010!

If you don't win and would like a copy there are a few places you can purchase "Before God"

1) Mike's Website
2) Monergism
3) Amazon

34 comments:

DarrinB said...

Here my entry for the book!

darrinb@hotmail.com

Darrin

WCotney said...

Hi Trish,
This is the first time I have reached out to you but I have been reading your blog for a while now. My 13yr old daughter loves the witnessing clips you have up. And while it's great to see all the clips Ray and Kirk and so many graduates of the accademy have up...it really means a lot to my daughter to see YOU do it..a woman (or "girl"...which she can get away with saying since she IS a girl..lol). They are so real and so genuine and we get so much out of them...thank you!
I would like to throw my name in the drawing for this book. WOW! It looks awesome...and is SOOOO the type of resource I have been looking for.
My name is Whit Cotney...my email is whoyt999@gmail.com and if you need my address and/or phone number just let me know.
Praying for you!

fisherwoman said...

Thanks Trish once again!
Betty Taylor
bettybornagain@yahoo.com

Treego said...

Trevor Gough
treego14 [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you. :)

Jason said...

Hi Trish. I'm signing up for the contest! I will also post this on my blog as well, check it out if you have time! God bless you, you have been an encouragememt to me in my witnessing and I've never even met you.
Thanks,
Jason

Heath The Blogless said...

I take it, that it is for only people in the USA again.

Fish With Trish said...

Heath, it sure is. I forgot to put that in the post. I've added it now.

Euaggelion said...

I tweeted it and facebooked it.

http://twitter.com/euaggelion
http://www.facebook.com/Euaggelion

payton.dooley(at)gmail.com

Thanks,
Payton

Andrew said...

Cool PrizeZ!
Andrew

bell said...

Thanks for another contest..
Isabel Lebron
bell917@yahoo.com
also posted in on my facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ilebron3

Pastor Andrew said...

Pastor Andrew Rappaport
Pastor.Rappaport@gmail.com

Pastor Andrew said...

Pastor Andrew Rappaport
Pastor.Rappaport@gmail.com

Dawg said...

Wayne Albrecht

Waynedawg@tds.net

Thanks for the chance!

Jack said...

I am interested!
Jack Marshall
marshall.jack24@gmail.com

Kyle said...

Please consider this my entry. Thanks for doing this!

My email is: kyle@dnet.net

God bless!

General_Wretch said...

Guy Reynolds
godzguy@gmail.com

I will post a link on www.truthbetoldradio.com

God Bless you and emilio!
Love ya

alie2009 said...

adline charles

aliecharl@yahoo.com

k said...

Kevin Etchison
k.etchison@gmail.com

Katrina said...

Sounds like a good book.
Katrina Oseid
katrina@oseid.net

Aliens and Exiles said...

Mark Phillippo
aliensandexiles@gmail.com

Matt Tyler said...

Here is my entry and I posted it to my networking site as well!

Thematt20@msn.com

Sharp Virtual Yard Sale said...

Sign me up! I'll post it on my Facebook as well.

wrsharp ~at~ bellsouth ~dot~ net :)

Timothy Glass said...

Sounds like a good book, thanks for the great contest Trish, I have posted on facebook and twitter
http://deliveringevangelism.blogspot.com/

Angela Belt-Newcom said...

Okay, I have it on Facebook and will put it on my website when I get the chance!

Angela Snipes
therogueangel at gmail dot com

Terrie said...

Hi Trish,

The book sounds awesome! I posted this page on Facebook. thumb.trippin [at] gmail [dot] com

terrie

Unknown said...

Kasey Ryan

kaseyryan@att.net

Drema said...

I'm entering to win the book!

Drema said...

I'm entering to win the book!

Drema said...

I'm entering to win the book!

KJVPreacher said...

Randy K
kjv-preacher@hotmail.com

Susan said...

Susan McDonald
susankay37@gmail.com


Thanks!

Fish With Trish said...

Katrina,

Congrats!

You've won the copy of "Before God: The Biblical Doctrine of Prayer"!

Please send me your shipping address and your book will be in the mail! Email me at email [at] fishwithtrish.com

Blessings.

Trish


Note: you have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. And winning isn't based on what you say. The winner will be drawn randomly.

Pastor Andrew said...

can I change name my to Katrina? :-)

The Burgess Family said...

Thanks Trish!!!