Monday, February 11, 2008

This is "good" ol' Memo--who you've been praying for!

This came into Fish with Trish on Saturday. I was very encouraged by it.

I just finished reading your post from today. I want you to know I will be specifically praying for that time coming when you visit your Grandma and give her the Gospel. Just to encourage you, my Grandpa just passed away. He was a hard old Marine. But God softened his heart and as he laid in ICU and could not do anything but listen, God allowed me to share the Gospel. For the first time, I am confident he got saved. His demeanor and body language and even his ability to respond and understand was amazing. Praise God! I am praying He is preparing your Grandma's heart as well as giving you the strength to share as your heart hurts for her. -Erika www.gospeltoitaly.com

By way of an update, I shared the Gospel with my Grandma "Memo" (photo taken Dec 2006), on Saturday night. She listened, but I think she is still set hard in her ways. However, I just thank God that she was alive and coherent to hear. Which means there is still time for her to repent. Thank you, to all of you who have emailed and commented on my blog. Your prayers for Memo mean a lot!

Thank you Erika for sending me this email! I find it interesting that you and your husband are called to be missionaries in Italy. This blessed my soul because my Memo is 100% Italian (and stuck in her ways). So your email really hit the spot. Thank you for encouraging me with your "hard old Marine" Grandpa--I suppose he was Italian too. :-)

4 comments:

Kurt Michaelson said...

Trish, I hope this would encourage you about my grandmother. 5 years ago in April my grandmother died on the day before Easter. But praise God that He gave me the opportunity to share the Gospel with her 9 months before her death and she acknowledged Christ as the one who died for her sins and that the only way to heaven is through His life.

I was able to euologize her life and give a testimony to many the day of her memorial service. That day too, many heard the Gospel.

I will probably publish her euology as the anniversary of her death comes.

I pray that there will be a blessed harvest of your grandmother's soul, soon for the Glory of God. Semper fi in Christ.

Fish With Trish said...

Thank you Kurt for sharing! What a blessing for you and now for her. If she truly got saved she more alive now than we are :-)

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Trish -

Glad I could be an encouragement! I will continue to pray for your Grandma to get saved! Keep us updated.

Thanks again for your example and zeal for the Lord!

Fish With Trish said...

I shared the Gospel again with Memo today on the phone. I love her and pray she will come to a saving knowledge of Christ - in whom are the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.