Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Time of Reflecting

I was reflecting on my recent trip to 13 countries in 13 days to film The Way of the Master Season 4. I just can’t get over the fact that I traveled to so many countries in so little time. The volunteers in each country were so helpful. The team was such wonderful troopers. The food was great. And to top it off we preached the Gospel every where we went. None stop. We went what felt like a million miles an hour and believe me my eyes showed the effects of it. But I just can't get over what an honor it is to be a part of all this. I am truly in awe of God's mercy and after a month of reflection, I think everything is finally settling in. Or maybe it was all the ice cream that I ate that is finally settling in.

I was looking at some of my photos, the other night, and paused at the Czech Republic and specifically the Astronomical Clock which sits in the middle of Prague, the capital city mounted on the southern wall of Old Town City Hall in the Old Town Square and is a popular tourist attraction. It was a site to see.

The Astronomical Clock has three main components: the astronomical dial, representing the position of the Sun and Moon in the sky and displaying various astronomical details; "The Walk of the Apostles", a clockwork hourly show of figures of the Apostles and other moving sculptures; and a calendar dial with medallions representing the months.

The 12 Apostles come out every top of the hour for a few seconds and then return back into to the two little doors that they popped out of. Then the crowd, of hundreds, gasps as what they just saw and quickly scurries to finish their business.

I wonder if the individuals truly consider what the apostles taught and if they stop to think about whom it was that the Apostles followed. Jesus Christ said many devastating things. For example, in John 14:6 where he declared, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." It amazes me how many people travel from all of over the world just to see this attraction and are simply not aware of the history behind it all. Nor do they ponder the words of Christ.

But for me it was a memorable day. I had turned my back for a second to help out some of our volunteers and the next thing I saw was Ray Comfort standing directly in front of the huge clock. There is never a dull moment when Ray Comfort is around! His mind is always on one thing...the Lost! And I knew exactly what he was going to do...open air preach. But none of us where expecting this...
My heart pounded with great joy and anticipation to see what the crowd would do and what Ray would say. As he began, to my surprise, the chattering amongst the huge crowd grew quite. Then an applause erupted after he finished. I wasn't expecting this either but then it dawned on me that the applause was started by the volunteers that accompanied us for the day.

No comments: