Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In Memory of Baby 12-17-2012

On Monday, I just finished writing the Verse of the Day (1 Peter 1:24-25) on our family white board and minutes later my faithful friend, Baby, would suddenly die. Life is quick and very precious. Emilio, Emmanuel and I are celebrating her life. And Manny put on her "fishing" jacket and will be helping me fish for men in her stead.



 
We pilgrims walk the tightrope between earth and heaven, feeling trapped in time, yet with eternity beating in our hearts. Our unsatisfied sense of exile is not to be solved or fixed while here on earth. Our pain and longings make sure we will never be content, but that’s good: it is to our benefit that we do not grow comfortable in a world destined for decay. - Joni Eareckson Tada

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Trish, thanks for sharing your loss with us. I remember back when Baby was expected to die, and we all prayed, and she lived! We'll be witnessing tonight in celebration of her life and all she taught us!

Linda Martin said...

Trish, I am so sorry. I know you will miss her greatly. I'm so glad she had the "extra" time with you and Emilio. She was a trooper.