Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Not so interested

I finally found someone to be on the segment last week. For those of you that were listening, you know that I was having a very difficult time finding someone to be on the air. I have learned to be very flexible and not take it to heart. After all the poor people that get stopped by me are probably pretty nervous or shy or just think I am crazy :-) I guess it makes for good radio. We are all in suspense--wondering who is going to be on the air.

I turned around and this young man (Jeremy) was walking towards me (he was one of the workers at the car wash) so as a last resort, as I was on the air, I quickly explained what we were doing. He nodded in agreement and held his hand out to take the phone. I was relieved.

While Jeremy was on the phone, there was a long line of cars backed up of people waiting to get their cars washed. I quickly went up to each car and made a motion with my hand as if I was rolling down the window and one by one each car followed my directions. I handed the driver a Million Dollar Bill and said, "You're probably wondering why there is such a long line to get your car washed, well one of the workers is live on radio. Right now! And you, too, can tune into 91.3 and listen!" Before I new it there were ten different cars tuning into to the station. All hearing the same gospel message.

After Jeremy got off the air he didn't seem to have a lot to say. He said something to the effect of, "I believe differently than them." He appeared to be disinterested. Either way, I preached the gospel to him again just so he could hear the truth twice. That never hurts.

I was surprised to see a big smile on his face as I held out a Million Dollar Bill tract and then gave him an episode from the TV show. He said he would watch it.

I try to not be moved with how people respond after I preach the gospel to them. Whether they are what appears to be "moved" or "indifferent", I just do my part and share with them what the Bible says. I trust that God will do the convicting.


Click here December 20, 2007 - Hour 1 to listen to the full segment it starts about 40 minutes into the program.

1 comment:

pastorbrianculver said...

I agree Trish, I just present the gospel message to people and let God take care of the rest. If we feel we have to get a decision, we will go away dejected. Good job and continue to be faithful in witnessing to others.

God bless
till His ners are full
Brian