Monday, February 16, 2015

Counting The Cost

After church one Sunday, my husband told me about the membership meeting he had just been in for a dear sister that had been attending our services for several months. She is from another country, speaks good English and has an adorable accent. 

She rightly told him that “living for Christ is going to cost you something.” She went on to expound in detail about how she lost her childhood friend because she didn't want her talking about the Lord any more. She told her friend in her cute accent, “You can try to cover my mouth all you want, but a little bubble message will come out of my lips and it will tell of the gospel.” She giggled and said that she then told her, “Sorry, but my love for the Lord is only going to get worse (stronger) over time.”

And that was the end of their relationship. Her friend never wanted to speak to her again.

Saints, we shouldn’t be surprised by this; Jesus told us this would happen and to count the cost. Always remember His words in Matthew 10:34-36, “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.”


No comments: