Monday, July 18, 2011

Ex-Howard Stern Fan

“In May of 2008 I got in my truck and turned on SIRIUS Satellite and the Howard Stern show. I was a huge fan of his for nearly 18 years. As I listened for few minutes, I realized how vulgar and inappropriate his show was, and I knew it was not what I should be listening to. I changed the channel and came upon the FamilyNet station and was listening to preachers such as David Jeremiah, Franklin Graham, Alistair Begg, and other greats. Then around 10:30 I heard a show (you might know this one) called The Way of the Master Radio. I was very attentive and as I listened to you, Kirk, and Todd witnessing to people over the phone with Trish and Tony, it finally struck my heart that I was in huge trouble if I died in my sins. I found a place to pull over and got on my face on the floor of my truck and cried out to God for forgiveness and put all my trust in Christ as my Lord and Savior. It took about an hour before I could pull myself together and go on down the road...I have since been through your School of Biblical Evangelism and have handed out hundreds of your tracts.” ~ Glen H.

PICTURE: Glen’s son Justin gave the driver of Bigfoot, Dan Runte,
a Million Dollar Bill tract (seen on the hood of the car).

Hat tip: to Ray Comfort for this excerpt which was taken from his weekly newsletter. Be sure to subscribe - Click HERE.

4 comments:

noah buddy said...

It took a guy 18 years to realize that Howard Stern was vulgar?

Was he actually listening to his show or just using it as background noise?

I don't know if you guys are trying to attract his attention (Stern), but In case you are, I will point out something.

This isn't the "Atheist Experience" where Ray got his little wishes fufilled because he was being a diva. This isn't Thunderf00t either or the Rational Response squad whom you tried to sucker.

You're dealing with someone who has had TONS of experience in dealing with crazies, egomaniacs and other freaks. He's made a living out of it. This is out of your league. You can't use him as your heckler. Forget about it.

You will just end up in his little menagerie know as the wack-pack. Just another notch on their stick. You don't have enough social standing to be a "celebrity guest" and you just are considered marginal enough to be viewed as another target for prank calls.

W01F

Blogging with Adventure said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shamgar the son of Anath said...

Wow! I guess you missed the part about the guy repenting and believing the gospel. I will join with heaven and rejoice in the power of the blood of Christ to save spiritually dead rebels like the guy in the article and myself. Luke 17:7 "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance."

And just to address your off topic post directly. Every preacher of the gospel gladly embraces his being put into the wack-pack. That's where following our King gets us. Hebrews 13:12 "Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood, suffered outside the gate. 13 So, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach. 14 For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come." 1 Cor 18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written,

“I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE,
AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE.”

20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

noah buddy said...

@Wes Melton,

And just to address your off topic post directly. Every preacher of the gospel gladly embraces his being put into the wack-pack.

I don't know whether to be amused or feel sorry for you. Wouldn't have been easier to not even bother with Stern in the first place?

Oh and the rest of your post? Not even worth bothering with. I see the use of scripture and Ray's patented salespitch as filler for otherwise void arguments.

W01F