Sunday, August 10, 2008

"It's a movie about smoking pot." He added.

Chase was on Hour 1 of The Way of the Master Radio last Wednesday and when I spotted him he was on his way to the movie theatre. He said he was a Christian. I noticed that he was wearing a cross around his neck and so the first question I asked him was, "Why do you where that cross?" He answered, "My sister gave it to me and I wear it for good luck." What?! I thought to myself... a Christian doesn't wear a cross for good luck! That was my first clue that Chase was not a Christian.

"So what movie are going to see?" I inquired.
"Pineapple Express." He answered.
I had no idea what the film was about so he filled me in,
"It's a movie about smoking pot." He added.
"Interesting." I said out loud.
That was my second clue that he wasn't a Christian.
Naturally, I asked him if he wanted to be on the radio.
"Sure!" He responded immediately.

My husband, Emilio, did the follow-up with him and talked with him for almost an hour. Chase ended up missing his movie but he didn't mind one bit. Here's what Emilio had to say:

"He was an interesting young man with an array of philosophical beliefs. Like so many that we talk to, Chase was raised in a Christian home with Christian parents, he was even raised in the church...but he was a false convert. We got to the root of the issue with Chase, religious pluralism. Chase was a relativist through and through. Not wanting to condemn anyone, Chase could not embrace biblical Christianity as the only way. We tried showing him that his view of truth was inconsistent and that he needed to be honest...he was not a relativist, he simply used the world view when it was convenient for him. He didn't budge. But the good news is that he heard the uncompromised truth today. We hope and pray that Chase comes to the truth of the gospel which is only found in Jesus Christ, 'the way, the truth, and the life' (John 14.6)."

We gave him tracts and our contact information.

If you didn't get to tune into hear this broadcast it starts around
the 40 minute mark...listen here: August 06, 2008 - Hour 1

I decided to look up the movie "Pineapple Express" online when I got home. I went to The Dove Foundation which provides helpful reviews on movies...and as I suspected the film contains blaspheme and numerous accounts of foul language. Look for yourself at the
Language content: F-133; S-47; B-4; GD-2; JC-2; J-1; A-17; H-6...

Someone who has been born again will not delight in a movie where the entire film is centered on two characters that smoke pot night and day and then find themselves getting into endless trouble. For the Christian, we have been delivered from darkness but now we are light in the Lord and we are to walk as children of the light (Eph. 5:8). Seeing a film of this nature is definitely not fitting for a Christian.

I have made a personal commitment to not see any films that have blasphemy in them. You can too by visiting HollywoodandGod.com to find a list of recent contemporary movies that contain blasphemy, and a link to the producers. Then send Hollywood a message. Email them and say, “Your movie contains blasphemy. Don’t look for my money at the box office.” This was Ray Comfort's idea and Brad Snow designed the website. It's updated regularly and no doubt Pineapple Express will be added to the list soon.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Trish, I remember listening to this show.

I was also listening in when you witnessed to a gay muslim, so sorry that you were treated that way by his family. I am so glad you are ok.

Also, I have been wanting to start street fishing myself but I don't have a group to go with, maybe my husband and I will go together.

2 mormon girls (early twenties) came by my house a few weeks ago wanting to "talk" so we made an appt and they came over yesterday. We talked for an hour and I communicated the gospel message to them clearly. They left with a lot to think about. Although, they probably think the same about me because they did promote mormonism as well.

But at least they heard the TRUTH.

You are an inspiration to me, you and the whole team at WOTM have taught my husband and I how to witness.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Douglas said...

Greetings Trish, Even though I may not hear every show, I keep listening. My prayer is that you folks would do some fishing in the North East. Maine, NH, Mass. Also where the Fairs are a coming, great time for that stuff. Also, I live in a pretty busy Neighborhood, what do you folks do for October 31st, aka: Hallowewen. I need some Ideas, althou I have something in mind, I wanted some tips. Thanks and have a nice day: Douglas of IDOF Ministries

Fish With Trish said...

Hi Christina,

Thanks so much for your kind words...it really means a lot! I'm so glad to hear that you are sharing your faith I hope those two girls come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Douglas, thanks for inquiring! You asked, "what do you folks do for October 31st, aka: Hallowewen"

I usually stay at home with just about every light in my house turned on so that people know I've got candy to give out :-) and I give out good candy and gospel tracts. What an opportunity to share the Gospel...it's easy you don't have to leave your house...what other time of the year do you have dozens of young people knocking on your door!? :-)

Douglas said...

Thanks Trish, I kinda thought that was what you were gonna say. Well anyways, I hope to have a good chunk of kids, because I always wanted to do this. What about some of you folks with Way of the Master doing a New England Tour, and letting the folks like me, come out and learn from you folks to street preach also to see you folks. Well, remember, We Are SAVED to SERVE, not Saved to Sit, have a nice day: Doug of IDOF Ministries