Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Hurry! Just Get Rid Of It!"

We were in the airport headed home after an eventful weekend in Fort Myers, Florida for Transformed. Ray Comfort decides to break away from the team for a minute as we're walking down to the security check point. He digs in his luggage, pulls out a grip of Million Dollar Bill Tracts and quickly walks over to three ladies working at the American Airlines Desk. No one was in line at the time.

He hands them each a tract. I was watching from a distance, smiling. I couldn't hear what he was saying but I could only imagine it was something to the effect of, "Did you get one of these?" (I really enjoy traveling with Ray and our team, none of us ever have to bring as many tracts as we usually would. When Ray's with us he is a tract machine!). After they each took a tract, Ray quickly walked away. Then, I went up to the same ladies, to check in, just minutes after Ray handed them the tracts.

One particular lady was glued to the Million Dollar Bill as the other attendant helped me. I couldn't help to notice how fast the other lady was reading the tract. Each line she read out loud and gasped after every question. I just stood there, in shock at her response, took it all in, and watched her eyes get wide as she read, "Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain?" Then she said, "Oh my G-D!" She put one hand over her heart and continued. "Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day?" And she blasphemed again, "Oh my G-D!" She then turned to the other lady at the counter that was assisting me and said one last time "Oh my G-D...according to this I am going to Hell!" "Hurry! Just Get Rid Of It!" Exclaimed the worker, at the counter, standing right next to her.

The law, once again, was having it's perfect work.

4 comments:

INCPU News team said...

Hey Trish, this is Steven Henry (of the Henry family) from Orlando, FL. It was so nice to meet you and the team! We continue to pray for each of you that God will continue training and using you more!

Also, just thought since you are a fellow street preacher you might be interested - just in the last few weeks, I finished a study on what Jesus said about discipleship, how to know if we are one of His, the cost of discipleship... - just a collection of Jesus' words from Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts (1 vs) and Revelation 2-3. I have that study typed up and if you would like me to send that to you, I'd love to. I just thought I'd mention it in case it might be a helpful tool for you. I'm personally working on memorizing the list, which at my pace could take a while ~ :).

You can email me (Steven.H3@gmail.com) or just contact me through my blogger profile. And you can post this comment if you want - it won't bother me. Who knows, others may like the offer too...

your friend, and a fellow servant of Christ,
Steven

fisherwoman said...

It never seems to fail that the security wants to know why I carry around millions in my carry-on! I have to step aside, explain, and offer them one. Airports are wonderful places to tract and witness. If I have a longer wait, I try and find a line with internationals, or a city I haven't been to, to tract the line. :) Don't forget the store employees, and restroom cleaning ladies as well!

Dawn said...

What did you do? Where is the rest of the story? :)

Fish With Trish said...

Hi Dawn!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. That is the end of the story...sorry there wasn't more. I had to hurry off to catch my flight. Thanks for reading my blog...it means a lot!

Trish